The skilled worker category is intended for people with high levels of skills and experience who can be economically established in Canada. Skilled workers can apply for permanent residency and should qualify based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria. For 2009 and 2010 about 100,000 Skilled Worker Visas will be made available.
Canada Immigration - Federal Skilled Worker Program(Top)
Canada PR & Canada Immigration for Skilled Workers is points based. You need to score 67 of 100 points from factors like age, qualification, work experience, occupation & language. The Canada Immigration Process is simple & straightforward if you meet the Canada Points System & your documentation is accurate & complete. Process time for Canada Immigration is generally 6-12 months. PR is granted for applicant, spouse & children. After PR is granted you can sponsor your parents, grand parents, siblings & cousins.
As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. CIC will likely start accepting applications again in early 2013 when proposed changes to FSWP selection criteria take effect.
Overview: Federal Skilled Worker Visa(Top)
The Canada Immigration Points, Canada PR Federal skilled worker visa is designed for professionals with the qualifications, skills or experiences to fill Canada's skill shortages and contribute to the Canadian economy. To meet the 2008 immigration plan, Canada calls for the admission of 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents.
Applicants for this visa must demonstrate that they meet the minimum visa requirement which includes having work experience, one year of which should in a designated occupation, a job offer from a Canadian employer, or be a foreign worker or student currently living in Canada.
Additionally, applicants are required to meet the points based assessment. The Canada Immigration or Canada PR Skilled Worker Visa pointâ€™s selection system requires a pass mark of 67 out of 100 points and is assessed on six main factors including age, education, work experience, language ability and adaptability.
Successful applicants are granted a permanent residence visa and are entitled to live and work in Canada without any restrictions.
Canada Immigration or Canada PR Federal skilled worker applications received on or after February 27, 2008 are now assessed for eligibility according to a set of criteria issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism.
On June 18, 2008, the Government of Canada had introduced changes to the immigration act to shorten the time it takes to immigrate to Canada. The process time has greatly reduced to only 6 -12 months now. The processing time is determined by the applicantâ€™s occupation. If a decision is not made on the case in 24 months, the application fee is refunded by the Canadian High Commission.
Basic Features of this visa(Top)
- Canada Immigration or Canada PR Federal Skilled Worker visa allows you to work in Canada without the need to be sponsored by an employer, a Canadian work permit or a job offer.
- Successful applicants are free to work without any constraints/restrictions, unlike a work permit
- After three years stay in the country, the applicant can apply for Canadian citizenship
- Once you get your Canadian Passport & Citizenship, you can travel to many countries in the world without a visa
- You can sponsor your immediate family & relatives also to join you in Canada
- Canadian permanent residences includes access to government subsidized education and healthcare (Medicare)
- Unrestricted access to Canada's labour market and associated insurance and pension benefits.
- The PR visa is now granted in 6-12 months instead of the previous 3+years
- If the application is returned, the fee is refunded by the High Commission
To be granted permanent residence under the Canada Immigration Canada PR federal skilled visa category, applicants should prove that they have at least one yearâ€™s continuous employment in the past 10 years in one of 38 qualifying occupations and meet the points based assessment.
Canada PR Canada Immigration Points-based Assessment(Top)
The applicant must attain a minimum pass mark of 67. Applicants are assessed on six main factors including age, education, work experience, language ability, arranged employment and adaptability.
|Language Skills (English or French)
|Arranged Employment in Canada
To be eligible to apply for the Canada Immigration Canada PR Federal Skilled worker visa, the applicant must have
- must have an offer of arranged employment, or
- must be a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student,(Not applicable now) or
- must be a skilled worker who has at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment in one or more of the occupations listed and
- must have the work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, and
- must have had this experience within the last 10 years.
National Occupation List for Canada Immigration Canada PR 2010-2011(Top)
Following is the NOC list which is the official classification of occupations in Canada. This is eligibility assessment criterion is not applicable to candidates intending to reside in the province of Quebec.
- 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers
- 0811 Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
- 1122 Professional occupations in Business services to Management
- 1233 Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
- 2121 Biologists and Related Scientists
- 2151 Architects
- 3111 Specialist Physicians
- 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3152 Registered Nurses
- 3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
- 3222 Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
- 3233 Licensed Practical Nurses
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4152 Social Workers
- 6241 Chefs
- 6242 Cooks
- 7215 Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
- 7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
- 7241 Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)
- 7242 Industrial Electricians
- 7251 Plumbers
- 7265 Welders & Related Machine Operators
- 7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
- 7371 Crane Operators
- 7372 Drillers & Blasters - Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction
- 8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
The above occupations are all Skill type O (managerial occupations) or Skill level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades).
Funds Requirement for Canada Immigration Canada PR(Top)
In addition to scoring at least 67 points and having experience in one of the 29 occupations, successful applicants must show that they have enough money to support themselves and their dependants after arrival in Canada.
The funds need to support the family is determined by the size of the family.
|No. of Family Members
||Funds Required (CAD)
|7 or more
Canada Immigration Canada PR Process(Top)
Image (Image not Given)
The application fee for principal applicants and their dependents are given below.
|Stage 1: Application Processing Fee
||Canadian Dollar ($)
|Each family member age 22 or older
|Each family member under age 22 who is married or in a common?law relationship
|Each family member under age 22 who is unmarried and not in a common?law relationship
|Stage 2: Right of Permanent Residence Fee
||Canadian Dollar ($)
|A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common?law partner
|Dependent children are exempt from paying the right of Permanent Residence fee
Application Processing Fee
Applications made under the Canada Immigration Canada PR Federal skilled worker category found not eligible according to the specified criteria, will be informed of the decision. The processing fee may or may not be refunded, as per the discretion of the immigration officer.
Right to Permanent Residence Fee
The right to permanent residence fee should be paid if the application to immigrate as a skilled worker is approved. The fee must be paid before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues the permanent resident visa. This fee is refundable if the applicant chooses to cancel the application or if he/she chooses not to use the visa.
In addition to the application fees the other fees applicable are for -
- medical examination
- a police certificate, if it is required as part of the criminal and security check and
- language testing, as required.
Before Y-Axis accepts your case for processing, we must be certain that you earn enough points and are able to provide documentary evidence to make a successful application. Before you apply for it, you must be certain you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your education, your institution, & personal finances to determine if you are eligible apply for Canada Immigration. . If you score the necessary points your application is accepted for Full Service & Processing. Read more about Y-Axis Technical Evaluation
Click here to sign up for an evaluation
Y-Axis Full Service & Processing(Top)
Use our professional services to apply for your Canadian immigration. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. No other consultant in the market has processes more immigrant applications than us. You can count on our experience and success.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & score 67 points before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
*these services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Schedule & Refund Policy (Top)
Y-Axis Service fee is Competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our Prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price & eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company & set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You know you are paying the right price â€“ the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
Please refer to our Price List & Fee Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions(Top)
- What is the Federal Skilled Worker visa of Canada Immigration?
The Federal skilled worker visa is designed for professionals with the qualifications, skills or experiences to fill Canada's skill shortages. Skilled workers can apply for permanent residency and should qualify based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria.
- What are the criteria on which Canada Immigration points are granted?
The Skilled Worker Visa pointâ€™s system requires a pass mark of 67 points. The applicant is assessed on six main factors including age, education, work experience, language ability and adaptability. To find out if you qualify for the Canadian PR visa, click here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- What is the Canada Immigration points system ?
Maximum of 25 points are awarded for Education
24 points are awarded for language proficiency (English and/or French)
21 points are allotted for work experience
10 points are allotted for age
10 points are allotted for arranged employment factor in Canada
10 points are allotted for arranged employment factor in Canada
- What are the minimum requirements to qualify for Canada Immigration under the Federal Skilled Worker visa?
Applicant must have at least 1 year of continuous full time or the similar paid work experience in the last 10 years, in one or more of the designated occupations from the NOC list. Or
The applicant must have a job offer in Canada and this offer letter must meet the arranged employment factor. Or
The applicant should have been a temporary foreign worker or a global student living legally in Canada for minimum of 12 months, prior to the submission of the application.
- What is the National Occupation list for Canada Immigration / Canada PR ?
The National Occupation Classification list is an authoritative resource on occupational information in Canada. Persons making an application under the Federal Skilled Worker visa category must have experience in any of the jobs that fall in the Skill Type 0, and Skill Level A or B on the NOC list. Points for work experience can be claimed if the job is on the list.
The NOC list is also used to gain an understanding of the jobs found throughout Canadaâ€™s labor market.
- What is arranged employment for Canada Immigration?
Arranged employment is where a skilled worker candidate has a job offer letter prior to his application to migrate to Canada.
- How long is the Canada Immigration / Canada PR visa granted for?
The visa is initially granted for 5 years. At the end of 5 years in the Canada, applicants can apply for citizenship.
- Can I take my dependents along with me on my Canada PR Visa?
This visa type allows your partner and/or dependent child to accompany you. Spouse migration to Canada allows your partner or unmarried partner to accompany you along with any unmarried child under the age of 22. They have to prove their ability to support their dependents without seeking help from public funds.
- What are the rights and benefits my dependents of Canada PR are entitled to?
Dependents can work or study in the Canada. Applicants and their dependents have access to free public education and subsidized tertiary education.
- What is the processing fee for Canada Immigration / Canada PR?
Principal applicant fee is $550
Each family member aged 22 or older fee is $550
For each family member aged below 22, who is married or in a common-law relationship the fee applicable is $550
For each family member aged below 22, who is married and not in a common-law relationship the fee applicable is $150.
The right of permanent residence fee for a principal applicant or the spouse or common-law partner is $ 490 per applicant. Dependent children are excused from paying the right of permanent residence fee.
- What happens if my Canada Immigration application is returned or rejected?
If a decision is not made on the case in 24 months, the application fee is refunded by the Canadian High Commission.
- How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for Canada Immigration / Canada PR under Federal Skilled visa? How can I apply for the visa?
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your education, work experience; employability & adaptability to determine if you are eligible apply for the migration to Canada. To find out if you are eligible, please click here or send an email to email@example.com